Crowdfunding is when a large group of people contribute to any given cause. Crowdfunding gives NGOs and CBOs a chance to reach an extended audience, reduces time, cost and effort of fundraising. But be aware: not all crowdfunding campaigns are successful. This toolkit will help you to decide if crowdfunding is the way forward for you, and how to organise it.
Crowdfunding is useful for an organisation which:
- lacks resources and the expertise to create, update and maintain a website. A crowdfunding platform provides a microsite to every user.
- does not (yet) have its own donor base: using a crowdfunding website gives you access to the already established donor base and audience of that particular crowdfunding platform.
- has little funds for pre-investments to be made in a regular campaign.
What you can expect
In 7 steps, we will guide you towards a successful fundraising campaign. All you need is a great project, a credible story and a creative promotion strategy to attract donors/investors. And the time investment, of course.
What you get
- Checklist to see if crowdfunding is suitable for your project/organisation
- Overview of crowdfunding platforms to choose from
- Tips on how to become super successful in crowdfunding
Change the Game Academy e-learning courses Local Fundraising, Mobilising Support, toolkits, examples and resource center by Wilde Ganzen Foundation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.