A board, often called a board of trustees, or directors, is a legally required entity consisting of elected or appointed members who jointly oversee the activities of an organisation. The structure of a board determines how the board is organised and the roles and duties of the board members.
This toolkit is useful for you when your organisation:
- is in the initial stage and does not have well defined roles and duties for the board members.
- has a basic structure but wants to review and improve it and establish committees or expand the board.
- wants to improve the functioning of the board and the communication and reporting between the board members and between the board and the staff.
What you can expect
In seven steps this toolkit supports you to maximise the impact of your board by structuring it strategically. Here you’ll find a step-by-step guide, tools, examples and other resources for creating a board structure.
What you get
- an overview of how to create a board structure step-by-step
- a manual that describes a structure of a board and the different job descriptions
- an outline of board positions and types of committees
Change the Game Academy e-learning courses Local Fundraising, Mobilising Support, toolkits, examples and resource center by Wilde Ganzen Foundation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.